Subprograms and macros

• What is the difference between subprograms and macros and how to use them? I have found only a brief info on subprograms in CNC 432 Programming Manual from Heidenhain website and nothing on macros.

Does a subprogram have to be a part of main program body?

I have written two test programs that have separate numbers in prog mem. When I try to run one of them from the body of the other (eg. N2 G22 N9002), an error of subprogram not found appears.

The main reason why I was going to use subprogram is to increase manageability, to test a subprogram separately, to declare points once in the main program and read edit programs more efficiently.

Perhaps macros have been invented with this in mind. I'm puzzled.

Maybe it's time to connect to a PC. Editing all of these without possibility of copying, reusing and basic functionality of a text editor is quite cumbersome.

MAHO 400E, Baujahr 1986, Fabrik Nr. 42.488, Schaltplan Nr. E-5170, Software version 6406/405, CPU 6MC, RAM size 96K, Drives 4, Graphics 2PL V405

MAHO 400E, Baujahr 1988, Fabrik Nr. 42.836, Schaltplan Nr. E-5539, Software version 6514.506/03, CPU 8MC, RAM size 256K, Drives 4, Graphics 2PL V506

• Hi ,

i have an old software V405 and i have to write this way..anyway i think you mean subprogram is the same as macro written in macro directory...

you have to push prog mem,then menue,then 1 for macros,then you can write your subprogramm (macro) %MM with your N9002 number...

in your %PM you should write N... G22 N=9002

Try this out,i hope this is what you are looking for...i just learned days ago how to....

Regards Tomi

pasted-from-clipboard.png

MH600C/279

E5036

4.-Achse Drehtisch

Software 6097/405 ALT

Graphics 2PL V405

Software 6701/703/01

CPU 386

• Dieses Thema enthält 3 weitere Beiträge, die nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar sind, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diese lesen zu können.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!