Damaged ball nut recirculation tubes

• Hello,

I recently purchased a Maho MH 300 C and this is a new hobby for me. The Y axis (up/down) ball nut has been damaged - the spring bellows jammed and caught the recirculation tube. Does anyone know how to repair this? Can the tubes be reshaped and new ball bearings purchased (several have been lost)?

The ball screws were made by a company called STAR and I think Bosch Rexroth bought them.

According to my research, balls are loaded by filling the nut while rotating it on the screw and then finally filling the tube and securing it with screws.

Is it possible to get bellows that can be installed without removing the ball screw?

There are no instructions in the manual for removing the y-axis screw. The x-axis uses a taper lock and screws are inserted into jacking holes to remove the pulley. The securing mechanism appears difference on y.

Getting the machine functioning will be a long term project - I have not used CNC and the machine requires three phase. I need to think about converting it to single phase (at reduced power and work capacity). I have moved the servo motors by direct connecting DC. This is how I was able to raise the table and noticed the ball screw problem.

The freight company left the machine uncovered outside for one week when the was continuous heavy rain. I have removed many covers from the machine and removed the gibs and flushed with kerosene to try and remove the rust. The electrical cabinet had some water inside. The spindle motor filled up to the vent level and is now rusty. Water got into the gearbox. I have changed the oil twice and left the cover off to let it dry. I am not sure if there is permanent damage. It’s unfortunate since the machine was in good cosmetic condition.

Regards,

Mickel

• Schade. Leider hast Du mit der Aktion die Achse unkontrolliert über das Achsende hinausgefahren. Da ist noch mehr beschädigt. Das Messsystem ist sicher auch abgerissen. Vermutlich auch Kabel.

Der Betrieb mit 1 Phase ist nicht möglich, weil die Thyristorgeräte die Netzsynchronen Sinussignale für die Regelung brauchen.

Welche Steuerung und Softwarestand hat Deine Maschine?

Die Reparatur des Kugelgewindetriebs ist nicht so einfach, weil die Kugelumlaufröhrchen explodiert sind. Hier brauchst Du die passenden Ersatzteile.

• Dieses Thema enthält 5 weitere Beiträge, die nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar sind, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diese lesen zu können.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!