Beiträge von Mickel

Yes, poor little machine! It has suffered greatly. Some background information, the machine was owned by a New Zealand government research laboratory. They bought it new in 1986. The old controller and measurement system was removed in 2010. A Heidenhain TNC 320 computer was fitted with Heidenhain scales (photo). The drives are still original. The table is a universal built-in circular rotary table. The resolver has been lost. Unfortunately the standard table was thrown away.

Helmut, just to clarify, the table was fully lowered when I got the machine. The damage was done sometime ago. The photo shows that the balls have been in the dirt at the bottom of the machine for some time and a few have corrosion. I think more balls fell out when I lifted the table.

I made sure not to move any axes beyond the limit switches.

I managed to power up the computer by tracing the wires and connecting mains power. The computer is old and takes a while to power up. I tried powering the computer only and got some errors. It needs a 24V signal to know the machine is powered up. I used a 24VDC to power the relay board in the machine and that fixed some errors. The computer shows e-stop, drive and power errors. To be expected since nothing is running. The x-axis scale is works (moved the motors by hand). I unscrewed the z-axis scale from the machine but it gives a reading. Y-axis also gives a reading but I can’t move the table up so not sure if it is fully working. It has no obvious damage but rain did fall on it.

The Indramat thyristor driver (3TRM2) for the axes uses 140-0-140V. This is actually single phase and it is obtained from a very large transformer that is line-line connected across the 400V three phase. I believe a 240V-400V transformer will be able to power the axes (5-9kVA). I got this information from a very helpful schematic that Florian uploaded. Thanks!!

The TRK6 that drives the spindle is a 6 pulse driver so this needs 400V three phase. There is no option to use single phase. I need to swap the motor. In any case, it was full of water and a dead insect and does not turn smoothly.

I connected single phase to the lubrication system to flush new slideway oil through. Some tubes have air in them, do you know how I can ensure they are not blocked?

For reference, the hydraulic pump is three phase so will need an inverter.

The ballscrew has a hand engraved number on it that matches the nut.

The machine was purchased on 10/09/1985. They changed the z-axis (ram) gib bushing in 29/04/1986 (photo). The old bushing is about 10mm long, the new one very short (see photo). Would the machine wear out so much in 7 months? The scraping still looks very good on the ways (photo). The machine has 27,000h on the counter. Is that the spindle time or the on time?

The computer and measurement system was fitted in 2010. The computer has been on for 50,000h and the spindle has run for 1,099h. Is that a lot? I guess they left the computer on all the time since it takes a while to power up. The brushes on all motors look quite long.

This is a long-term project and I will keep working on in it in the background. I will update on the repairs as progress is made. Thanks for letting me know about the parted-out machine.

Hello,

I recently purchased a Maho MH 300 C and this is a new hobby for me. The Y axis (up/down) ball nut has been damaged - the spring bellows jammed and caught the recirculation tube. Does anyone know how to repair this? Can the tubes be reshaped and new ball bearings purchased (several have been lost)?

The ball screws were made by a company called STAR and I think Bosch Rexroth bought them.

According to my research, balls are loaded by filling the nut while rotating it on the screw and then finally filling the tube and securing it with screws.

Is it possible to get bellows that can be installed without removing the ball screw?

There are no instructions in the manual for removing the y-axis screw. The x-axis uses a taper lock and screws are inserted into jacking holes to remove the pulley. The securing mechanism appears difference on y.

Getting the machine functioning will be a long term project - I have not used CNC and the machine requires three phase. I need to think about converting it to single phase (at reduced power and work capacity). I have moved the servo motors by direct connecting DC. This is how I was able to raise the table and noticed the ball screw problem.

The freight company left the machine uncovered outside for one week when the was continuous heavy rain. I have removed many covers from the machine and removed the gibs and flushed with kerosene to try and remove the rust. The electrical cabinet had some water inside. The spindle motor filled up to the vent level and is now rusty. Water got into the gearbox. I have changed the oil twice and left the cover off to let it dry. I am not sure if there is permanent damage. It’s unfortunate since the machine was in good cosmetic condition.

Regards,

Mickel