Beiträge von DNajdenov

No, when i got the machine the memory was empty, dead battery.

I dont know how to do the reset from the tool system. I read that you just delete all tools from the tool memory.

I got to the point when it trys to do the tool change, Z axis goes up and gets to the soft limit and it stops. And soft limit Z axis error ocures. I dont know what to do next.

hey guys,

I need help with automatic tool change on my Mahomat 600.

I have tested the hydraulics system by manually pressing the valves and it works, while doing that i also checked the sensors and they seem to be working fine too.

My tool data requests to give tool no from T100 and above, if i write T1 i get error T value < min.

When I try to do a tool change I get this error.

IMG_20230629_222612.jpg

If you know how to edit tool data please share. Also if you know what parameters i need to change in orther to use T1, T2, etc, please share.

Is T100 M6 enaugh to perform tool change or i need to move machine in home position and get spindle to rotate in position to be ready for tool change?

Can you write instructions on how to program automatic tool change, what parameters i need to set to what constants and what to write in tool data.

Best regards.

Dušan

Hey guys,

It's been a while since my first post but better late than newer.

I hope my signature is ok, I don't see it on my phone.

My name is Dušan Najdenov. I am a Mechatronics engineer from Novi Sad, Serbia. I work in a small company where we build custom machines for different types of industries (automotive, packaging, food and beverage, etc.) I am also official service provider for Mitsubishi industrial robots and Mitsubishi system integrator. I work as a system designer and now I try to machine parts that I design so I can better understand the correlation between design and manufacture process. Also i program plc's, build and configure vision systems, etc.

Currently i have semi functional Mahomat 600 from year 1989 and i hope to return it to former glory and even further with your help. I hope to upgrade it to 386cpu and 1mb(or more if possible) of memory some day.

I hope to learn this macine and to be able to help new guys like you help me now.

Best regards.

Dusan

Hello Frank,

I have same problem on my Mahomat, somethimes brake wokrs and sometimes not. Even in emergency stop it fails.

If i understand right you want to remove resolver from servo motor. If you do so you will need to do live tuning when you put your motor back together. Do that with motor detached from the macines mechanics in order to find best angle to the motor winding.

When you turn the motor on it will make noise and have vibration if the resolver angle is not in fase with motor winding. The motor will try to corect the position and it can go wild if the position is wery wrong. That is why it is best to do this with motor decoupled from the macihne. When the noise and vibrations stop you know you are in good position.

I did this on couple ocasions and it was pain in the ass to do.

Sooo, good luck. :smiling_face:

Dušan

P.S.

Try to document the procedure so others can see your experience. I newer remember to do so..

Thanks Helmut!

About check list, everything seems ok (no following errors or any errors) exept for the tool release and . But i got an error while testing the I/O. I dont know what that means. I think i might be because of difrerent MC.

I will check the MC again one by one and change what seems to be different from the machine. I think that X,Y and Z MC's are ok, but there may be some diference in tool change or spindle MC's.

I even got to make some chips. I know it's not much but it's liitle win for me.

Hi guys,

I managed to put in new MC that Helmut gave me and the good news is that Y and Z axis are in order now.

The bad news is that my machine is slightly different from the one that MC list is from. Also i dont have MC16. Maybe because of my software version 6603.603.

And the tool release button still doesen't work. But the button on keyboard woks, i tested it.

If you have any idea on what to do to make it work please help.

Thanks

Dušan

Thanks Bernhard, this i would say not so little any more Workgoup is amazing.

I read almost everything on Mahomats that i can find here and i plan to folow what you did step by step. I have exact same problem. I cant get tool to release by pressing [TOOLCLAMP] . I ony managed to release tool by manualy pressing the hydraulics valve.

[TEACHIN] then T1, then [CYCLESTART] gets tool magazine in right pos. And T3 for examle gets tool 3 ready and then M6 gets all axis in position for tool change exept for the spindle. The spindle does not move.

I will try new MC that Helmut sent me here tonight and then i will deal with the tool change issue.

Thanks again

Dušan

Thank you for the tip. I will connect them.

As soon as i get back from holidays (orthodox easter is tomorow) to my workshop i will put all of this information to work.

You are amazing. I couldn't find any info on the machine before i heard about this comunity.

Thank you!

Dušan

Thak you for the MC list.

Yes, the machine had 4 axis but the previous owner sold the 4th axis seperatly because they didn't use it and the machine stop working when they sold it. I bought the macine as non operational . It also has 4 servo drives as you can see in control cabinet. If i find the 4th axis for sale i will be able to connect it.

Is there a topic here on how to set exact tool change positions?

Thank you.

I dont know what a dividing head is so i will ausume i dont have it.

I also think that this MC's don't fit this macine because also the tool release button dont work and auto tool change. And i think its all because of wrong MC.

Acording to manulas that i got with the macine Z axis should be up/down. And in this MC Y axis is up/down.

Idont have picture with decoupled 4th axis but i just removed the white jumper wires from previuos drive and jumped two wires from themal protection of the motor 14A1 in schematics.

I hope this pictures can help you figure out what is going on.

Tnanks.

Dušan

Thank you for quick response. I am new to forums and i dont know yet how everything works. I will write in presentation corner to intoduce myself.

Here are the MC from floppy disc.

I think 400 to 500 are for the 5th axis and they are most 0 and minimum values. If you see something wrong with this MC please tell.

I found in filebase document with explanation for what witch MC means but it is in German and it is hard for me to translate.

Is there a file like that in eng? I can't find it.

Also i will scan my schematics and and upload it here some time next week.

I think i found that someone had problem with tool release and auto tool change on mahomat but i cant find that post again so please if you know that post share it.

I have same problem, tool release doesent work and auto tool change doesent work but hydraulics works when activated manualy from valves.

thanks,

Dušan

Hey guys,

I just bought old MAHOMAT 600 with philips cnc 432 control. Machine is from 1989. and has chematcs no. 006642. Software version is 6603.603.

The battery for machine constants was dead. With the macine i got a lot of books, manuals, schematics and machine constants lists from 6 or 7 different macines and none of those macine is mahomat. I have a newer version of macine constants for mahomat II. It is for philips cnc 433 with 512kb of memmory. I only have 256kb.

I think i have more problems with this macine because previous owner took out the 4th axis from the macine. With the help of my friend gosta, we managed to override the 4th axis servo drive and to start the machine hidraulics and get cnc ready. But we can't get tool to release from spindle. We tried to move the hydraulics by manually activating the valves and hydraulics works.

But one problem at a time. I think that right machine constants will make things a lot easier.

So if anyone has mahomat 600 machine constants please share them.